- Steve Case, Chairman and CEO, America Online, Inc.
- "Donna Rice Hughes has been a sincere and effective
advocate on behalf of children's online safety, and a leader
in calling attention to the responsibilities of companies,
the community and parents in protecting children on the Internet.
By continuing to speak out and partner with the rest of the
Internet community to address the needs of children, Donna
is helping all of us build a medium we can be proud of."
- Josette Shiner, President and CEO, Empower America
- "Donna Rice Hughes is to be commended. This book is
must reading for any parent with cybersavvy children."
- Bruce Watson, President, Enough Is Enough
- "Essential reading for parents concerned about the
safety of their children's online experiences . This is the
information parents need to know. "
- Dee Jepsen, President, Enough Is Enough
- "The most comprehensive, informative, and user-friendly
source available today. It will help parents to better understand
the computer and the Internet, to be aware of what their children
are learning and experiencing, and to know how to protect
them as they learn. This book is a MUST for today's caring
- Leeza Gibbons
- "Donna's book is a powerful tool for parents who want
to keep kids safe. Kids are so vulnerable when they're alone
online. We need to know about the lurking dangers so we can
- Ernie Allen, President, National Center for Missing and Exploited
- "Donna Rice Hughes challenges parents to take charge
of their children's Internet use and bridge the technogeneration
gap. Parents, librarians, and teachers, regardless of their
Internet knowledge, will find this book to be a positive,
- Bruce A. Taylor, President and Chief Counsel, National Law
Center for Children and Families
- "This books sets itself apart from the rest by being
honest and realistic about the dangers out there in the Wild
Wild Web, but gives us parents the know-how to protect our
children. . . . Every parent of a net surfing child should
get, read, and follow this book."
- Ramona Cramer Tucker, Editor, Today's Christian Woman; Executive
- "If you care about the well-being of children in today's
technological world, Kids Online is a must-read. . . . It
will help you control cyberspace, instead of it controlling
you and your family. So what are you waiting for? Pick up
- Charlie Condon, Attorney General, State of South Carolina
- "Both educational and practical in addressing the benefits
and dangers of the World Wide Web. . . . Simple, direct, and
incisive... Provides parents with tools to make the Internet
a safer environment for our children to operate and learn
- Senator John McCain, Chairman, U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce,
Science, and Transportation
- "As parents, we have a responsibility to monitor our
children's use of the Internet. Ms. Hughes has presented us
with a resource to... ensure that our children's experience
using the Internet is a safe one."
- Bob Franks, Member of Congress,
Co-Chairman of the Congressional Missing and Exploited
- "A must for any parent with a cybersavvy kid. . . .
We all need to work together to make sure the Internet is
an exciting avenue of discovery for our children, not a source
of exploitation. I believe Kids Online will prove to
be an excellent resource for parents."
- Jean Armour Polly, Net-mom® and Author of The Internet
Kids and Family Yellow Pages
- "An easy-to-understand overview of a complex subject.
. . . Commonsense suggestions allow families to take back
the Net so they can benefit from the amazing wealth of resources
available in cyberspace."
- Michael S. Bradshaw, CEO, Log-On Data Corporation
- "Arms adults quickly and to the point. The best concise
help, from a powerhouse of knowledge. A non-stop read."
- Dr. Terry Hitchcock, President, EdView, Inc.
- "Kids Online needs to be read by everyone interested
in making sure our kids are safe and secure."
- Senator Daniel Coats
- "Donna Rice Hughes has been on the forefront of the
battle to make the Internet safe for our children. This book
will be a valuable resource for parents as they struggle to
raise children in a digital age."
- James Exon, former Governor and U.S. Senator from Nebraska
- "In understandable language the author has written
the book on the high and low roads of the Internet. It is
must reading for cyberspace parents."
- Tom Davis, Member of Congress, Virginia
- "For any parent, Kids Online: Protecting Your Children
in Cyberspace is a must read book."
- Laurie Hall, Author of An Affair of the Mind
- "Serves up practical cybersavvy, giving parents an
enormous leg up in the battle to keep kids safe in the often
dangerous world of cyberspace."