- "Donna's book is a powerful tool for parents who want to keep kids
- Leeza Gibbons
- "The most comprehensive, informative, and 'user-friendly' source
available today. It will help parents to better understand the computer
and the Internet, to be aware of what their children are learning and
experiencing, and to know how to protect them as they learn. This book
is a MUST for today's caring parents!"
- Dee Jepsen, Enough is Enough
- "This book sets itself apart from the rest by being honest and realistic
about the dangers out there in the Wild Wild Web, but gives us parents
the know-how to protect our children… Every parent of a net surfing
child should get, read, and follow this book."
- Bruce A. Taylor, President and Chief Counsel, National Law
Center for Children and Families
- "Both educational and practical in addressing the benefits and dangers
of the World Wide Web… Simple, direct, and incisive… Provides parents
with tools to make the Internet a safer environment for our children
to operate and learn in."
- Charlie Condon, Attorney General, South Carolina
- "As parents, we have a responsibility to monitor our children's use
of the Internet. Ms. Hughes has presented us with a resource to …ensure
that our children's experience using the Internet is a safe one."
- Senator John McCain, Chairman, U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce,
Science, and Transportation
- "In understandable language the author has written, 'The Book' on
the high and low roads of the Internet. It is must reading for cyberspace
- Former Senator James Exon
- "For any parent, Kids Online: Protecting Your Children in Cyberspace
is a must read book."
- Former Congressman Tom Davis
- "I believe Kids Online will prove to be an excellent resource for
- Former Congressman Bob Franks, Co-Chairman of the Congressional
Missing and Exploited Children's Caucus
- "On behalf of the Department of Justice, please accept my sincere
thanks for your presentation at the Federal Prosecutors' Symposium on
Obscenity at the National Advocacy Center on June 6, 2002. Based on
the course evalutations we received, it is clear that your captivating
presentation was a highlight for the attendees. Your tremendous effort
is all the more impressive knowing that, given your schedule and commitments,
it was rendered at great personal and professional sacrifice. We are
deeply gatreful to have been the beneficiary of your exceptional talent,
and your passionate interests in the protection of children and the
elimination of obscenity."
Andrew Oosterbaan, Chief, Child Exploitation and Obscenity
Section, Criminal Division, U.S. Department of Justice
- "Donna Rice Hughes is an exceptional speaker and a renowned expert
on a subject many people are not willing to talk about - fighting pornography.
She handles a very difficult subject with class and courage. Her presentation
at our national convention equipped the audience with confidence that
they can protect their families and make a difference in their communities."
- Wendy Wright, Concerned Women for America,
- "Thank you so much for your helpful presentation... My task at work
is to write Internet safety material to help educate children/parents/teachers/law
enforcement... After attending the conference I am now really fired
up to create the best possible material that will help keep children
safe on the Internet. Although I thought I knew all the dangers, I learned
a great deal more..."
- Caroline Barnes, National Crime Prevention Council
- "Donna displays a comfortableness with her subject matter which engages
her audience, all the while slipping in facts and statistics reinforcing
the basis of her message."
- Ellen Field, Safe Community Coalition, McLean, VA
- "Everyone I talked to was very much moved by Donna's presentation…
Though the topic is a squeamish one, Donna addressed it in a professional
way and brought the message home…"
- Gregory Breland, University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT
- "Ms. Donna Rice Hughes is a powerful and persuasive advocate for
children's on-line protection issues. In a conference full of nationally
recognized experts in the field of computer security, Ms. Hughes served
as a catalyst for discussion and provided compelling evidence and insights
on a disturbing problem of international proportions. She is well-versed
in both the political and intellectual issues surrounding child online
protection and offers an eloquent and incisive rationale for the defense
of our youth."
- John E. Cech, Dean of Rocky Mountain College, Billings, MT
- Donna Rice Hughes's presentation…was most interesting and useful…
The talk encouraged me as a librarian to make sure that our policies
were known and understood by all patrons and to be a bit more vigilant
in cleaning the computers on a regular basis to protect from inadvertent
forays into unacceptable sites."
- Jan Jelinek, Librarian at Rocky Mountain College, Billings,