Leaving Sexual Bondage
Sexual bondage has trapped many men, but women increasingly are
being lured by temptations in a sexually permissive society. In
fact, sexual bondage is one of Satan's chief ploys in undermining
the Christian. If you are enslaved by sexual bondage, here is
a way to find freedom through Christ.
- Ask God to reveal to you the first time you violated His moral
law and began to give Satan ground in your life. In prayer,
let God walk you through your life and acknowledge to Him all
areas He brings to mind.
- Confess anything that needs to be confessed and ask God to
restore your fellowship with Him in that area.
- Ask God to take back all ground given to the enemy through
- Dedicate your body to the purpose of bringing glory to God
(1 Corinthians 6:19-20). Start with your thought life and end
with your sexual desires. Pray, "God, I thank You that
You made me with these drives. I surrender them to Your control."
- Be on guard for the enemy to try and put you back under sexual
bondage, and be ready to resist him
Focus on the consequences
of sin, not the pleasure.
- Begin to memorize Scripture that you can use to resist the
"bait" Satan will dangle in front of you to regain
the ground you surrendered to God.
(Reprinted from Reclaiming Surrendered Ground: Protecting
Your Family From Spiritual Attacks by Jim Logan.)
© 2001 by Donna Rice Hughes. Request permission if you wish to reprint or post.