Rules ‘N Tools™
(Family Internet Safety Contract)
- I will not give anyone or any website on the Internet my
name, address, telephone number, password, my parents' names,
the name of any club or team I'm involved in, or the name of
my school without my parents' permission. I will keep this rule
when I am online, including chat rooms, instant messages, email,
websites, and social networking sites, and when entering contests
and registering for online clubs.
- I will never fill out questionnaires or any forms online
without Mom and/or Dad's permission.
- I will never tell anyone online where I will be or what I
will be doing without Mom and/or Dad's permission.
- I will not enter a chat room.
- I will not meet in person anyone that I've met online unless
my parent has agreed and will go with me to meet with them in
a public place.
- I will only use instant messaging with people on my buddy
list that my parents have approved.
- I will treat others online as I would have them treat me.
I will never send out mean or threatening messages nor will
I respond to any such messages that are sent to me.
- I will not open or accept e-mails, enclosures, links, URL's
or other information from people I do not know.
- I will report to my parents any email, chat room conversations,
instant messages or websites that make me feel uncomfortable
like X-rated e-mail, images or files. It is not my fault if
I see something bad accidentally. If I do see something inappropriate,
I will log off or turn off my computer. I will then tell my
parents what happened as soon as possible.
- I will not go online over (the amount of time) per week,
as set by my parents.
- I will never go into a new online area that is going to cost
additional money without first getting Mom and/or Dad's permission.
- I will never buy or order products online or give out any
credit card information online without Mom and/or Dad's permission.
- I understand that some people online try to befriend kids
who aren't getting along with their parents or are having a
hard time in other areas of their lives.
- I understand that private family matters should not be discussed
online. Instead, I should talk about them with a trusted adult.
- I understand that my parents may supervise my time online
and may use a filtering service. This is because they love me
and want to ensure my safety!
- I will not go online at a friend's house without my parent's
- I understand that Internet use is a privilege, not a right.
I will follow my family's Internet safety contract in my home
and when I am online outside of my own home.