- Never give out personal information (such as name, age, address,
phone number, school, town, password, schedule, your picture)
or fill out questionnaires or any forms online.
- Never meet in person with anyone you have met online without
Mom and/or Dad's presence.
- Do not enter a chat room without Mom and/or Dad's presence
or supervision. Some “kids” you meet in chat rooms may not really
be kids; they may be adults with bad intentions. Remember, people
may not be who they say they are.
- Be suspicious of anyone who tries to turn you against your
parents, teachers, or friends. They may have a hidden agenda.
- Never respond to or send email or instant message to new people
you meet online. Talk to your parents first so that they can
check it out. Also, do not engage in an online conversation
that makes you feel uncomfortable, log off and tell your parents.
If you get such a message, DO NOT respond. Sending a response
only encourages the person. Instead, show it to your parents
and let them handle it.